A. Fukuoka, Japan. Read our About Us page for the details.
2. Do you have a physical store?
A. No. We sell our textiles through our online shop only, nowhere else.
3. Do you ship to American, Europe, Africa, etc?
A. Yes, we ship world-wide.
4. How much do you charge to ship to America, Europe, Africa, etc?
A. We offer Free Airmail Shipping to North American & Europe.
And, low cost EMS (Express Mail Service) with insurance and online tracking to all countries.
Please see our Shipping Page for the details.
5. Do you accept Euros, English Pounds or other currencies for payment?
A. All of our prices are in US dollars. However, you can make payment in the currency of your choice. Your credit
card company automatically converts your payment currency into dollars at the time of purchase.
6. Are your Japanese textiles authentic and where do you find them?
A. Yes, all our textiles are genuine, the real thing. We acquire the textiles you see on
our web catalog from Japanese auctions, Buddhist Temple flea markets, fabric "pickers" who
travel the back roads and from individual sellers.
7. Do you wash and/or repair your textiles before you put them up for sale?
A. Yes, we do. Because most of the textiles we acquire have been in storage for many years, they tend to
have storeroom odors and are in somewhat disrepair. Therefore, we wash and iron (most), and make minor hand
sewing repairs but only as needed.
8. How long have you been selling Japanese textiles?
A. We began selling in 2005.
9. Do you sell silk kimonos or other silk items?
A. No. We only sell antique and vintage Japanese cotton and hemp textiles. We offer "Sundries"
non-textile mingei items, or "Zakka" in Japanese.
10. Have your textiles been dyed with organic or natural dyes?
A. All of our textiles dated earlier than the mid 1900s were dyed with organic dyes (no artificial dyes). The Japanese possess
a long history of dyeing fabrics with vegetable and other organic dyes. Probably the best known and most common dye is native
Japanese indigo (Polygonum tinctorium, also called Persicaria tinctoria)
11. How long will it take to receive the textiles I ordered?
A. All orders are shipped one to two days after we receive them, except for weekends and Japanese national holidays.
Packages depart Japan quickly by air, usually 1 to 2 days after posting. Subsequent to arriving in country, the package
enters customs and then from customs the local Post Office takes over. Customs inspection may take a day or 3 weeks, it
varies substantially on the country. Please see our Shipping Page
for more details.
12. Do you offer discounts or dealer pricing?
A. No, we don't. But we offer some great deals on our textiles during our occasional sales!